After obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of North Texas in late 2001, I was promoted from intern to software engineer at Wind River Systems. The last 12 years I've spent developing embedded and application-level software solutions on a variety of hardware and software platforms in gaming, mobile and embedded industries.
C / C++ / C# / Objective C
Visual Basic / VB Script
HLSL / Cg / Lua / Lisp
HTML / XML / SQL / PHP
Microsoft Visual Studio
GCC / GNU Tools
Codewarrior / ProDG
Emacs / VI/ Eclipse
Tornado IDE / WorkBench
Windows PC / XBOX 360
PlayStation 2 / 3
iPhone / iPod / iPad
Unix / Linux / VxWorks
• Responsible for technology planning, design and implementation for over 100 mobile device applications with a focus on iPhone, iPad and Kindle development. Apps span a broad spectrum of technology categories including Audio/Video manipulation, OpenGL Rendering, GPS / CoreLocation, Image Editing, Networking / Bluetooth, and SQL lite Databases.
• Responsible for planning and development of existing top-selling iPhone applications including AppZilla, which has had over 4,000,000 (Over 1.5 million paid) downloads Since April 2010 and maintains an ongoing top 25 rank in the Apple iTunes App Store.
• Responsible for research and development of iTunes App Store marketing strategies and best practices for app visibility including development of rank tracking tools and social media tools.
• Responsible for overall company roadmap, outsourcing, customer support, business relations with outside partners and marketing campaign management.
• Designed and implemented many core graphics systems for the XBOX 360 and PC including multi-threaded lightmap and ambient occlusion texture baking system, HDR lighting and shadows, distortion effects, water simulations, decal system and others. Also implemented and supported physics systems for cape simulation.
• Responsible for CPU and GPU optimization efforts for core technology and games.
• Lead 3 junior engineers during Playstation 3 port of existing XBOX 360 game.
• Graphics system development on Stuntman: Ignition title for XBOX 360 including subsystems such as per-pixel lighting via normal mapping/gloss mapping/dynamic environment mapping, motion blur, depth of field, heat haze, shadow mapping (SSM,VSM,CSM), radiosity lightmaps, skinning, damage systems, vegetation, water, glare system, occlusion query manager, and post processing FX. Responsible for shader optimization and porting of some graphics subsystems to PS2.
• Lead engineer on internal technology port from XBOX 360 to PlayStation 3. Ported over entire art pipeline, tools and most of the graphics engine runtime via PSGL.
• Lead graphics developer for 3D, multi-player Sony PSP title utilizing RenderWare 3.7 from beginning of project through shipment. Responsible for platform optimizations and artist support on pipeline tools.
• Embedded software development of wireless networking components for stations and clients using vxWorks 5.4/5.5.
• Involved with software development effort to customize vxWorks Advanced Edition RTOS and other software components to satisfy ARINC 653 requirements for various Wind River customers.
• Responsible for pre-sales efforts such as technical feasibility research and project planning/scheduling. Also responsible for generating documentation such as proposals and statements of work.
• Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and supporting multi-threaded Win32 PC applications utilizing the Embedded Windows XP platform and DirectX via Visual Studio 6.0/.NET.
• Responsible for collaboration with a Model Development Group to create designs, functional requirement documents and test plans for new games. Also tasked with prototyping a new, fully 3D-accelerated game engine for Bally's next generation video games that runs purely on Microsoft's .NET framework and DirectX9.
• Responsible for maintenance, performance enhancements, and new feature development on a Windows/DirectX based game engine as well as a Linux/OpenGL based game engine used by the existing library of games. Responsible for designing and implementing SDK and API for game engines in C/C++.
• Responsible for development and maintenance on a C code base for a Motorola 68K processor – based board. Development on in-house serial communication protocol between 68K board and PC.
• Responsible for Windows GUI development on in-house tools with Visual C++/C# and Visual Basic to automate unit testing, system testing and documentation processes
• Designed, implemented, and supported embedded, multi-threaded, real-time applications on the VxWorks Real Time Operating System, as well as developed code for 8051 microcontrollers. Development focus was a real-time L2/L3 switch/router management application.
• Developed chip-level solutions on Broadcom 5600 Series L2/L3 Networking chips.
• Developed, debugged and integrated network protocols for a router management application, including IGMPv2, PIM-SM, OSPF, STP, GARP (GMRP, GVRP), and SNMP. Also developed TCP/IP Stack modifications, web server and SNMP agent enhancements, and user interface components.
• Developed SNMP, Web Browser, and console based user interfaces to expose hardware features specific to the client's chosen hardware platform such as packet classification, filtering mechanisms, routing and switching tables, and IP multicast features.
• Wrote functional specifications/requirements, test plans, and end-user manuals to comply with product life cycles
• Interfaced daily with clients through design, implementation, test and support phases of several projects while working closely with the client's engineers.
• 3D math library for matrices, vectors, quaternions. Intersection routines for spheres, AABBs, lines, triangles, planes, etc. 3D Scene graph for spatial object management. Generic LOD systems for scene nodes.
• Particle Systems, Geometry Trails, Material Animation System, Lightmap baking and ambient occlusion backing system, supporting both texture and vertex output. Character animation via skin meshes with key-framed skeletal animation system and rigid-body models with animation
• BSP Trees with Potential Visibility Sets (PVS) and Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
• Client/Server networking architecture for multiplayer capabilities using TCP/UDP sockets under Winsock.
• Full COLLADA art pipeline - 3D Studio Max geometry, animation, skin mesh, light and camera exporters using the Max SDK / MaxScript.
• C# based level designer utilizing mixed Managed and Native C++ code to allow runtime to run within .NET.
• "Wad" file packing system for assets including levels and actors
• Helmet Hero : Head Trauma
• Banner Bling for Facebook
• Freak Booth
• Glow Painter Pro
• Alien Radio
Lowell Duke — email@example.com — (512) - 695-9269